How to find us
I. From Frankfurt Airport:
- By German Railway to Heidelberg Main Station (Hauptbahnhof). Follow directions under II.
- Using the Airport Transfer and Limousine Service (TLS; Tel. +49 (0) 6221 770077). Depending on which airline you are using, you will be picked up at the Meeting Point at either Terminal 1 or 2. TLS will take you directly to the IWH. Advance reservation with information on the airline and flight number is required. Price: 38.00 € per passenger. University guests can avail of an additional discount.
- By Lufthansa Airport Bus. The bus stops at the Meeting Point in Terminal 1, Halle B, Exit B 4-5 (Arrivals level). It will take you to the Crowne Plaza Hotel, Kurfürstenanlage 1-3 in Heidelberg. Price: 22.00 /25.00 € single; 42.00 /46.00 € round trip. From there, you can take a taxi to the IWH. Alternatively take bus 33 in direction Köpfel or 35 direction Neckargemünd from "Bismarckplatz" to stop "Neckarmünzplatz" or "S-Bf Altstadt" (see below II).
- Arrival at Frankfurt-Hahn or Baden Airpark (Ryan-Air, Air Berlin)
Baden Airpark-Hahn-Express Frankfurt-Hahn: Auto - Bus-Charter
II. By German Railway: Arrival at Heidelberg Main Station (Hauptbahnhof); from there,
- Take the S-Bahn (S1, S2 - destination Osterburken), alight at "S-Bahnhof Altstadt" (formerly "Karlstor"). Travel time: 4 minutes. It is a 3-5 minute walk to the IWH from there.
- Take Bus 33 (direction "Köpfel") from the stop in front of the train station. Alight at the "S-Bahnhof Altstadt" (formerly "Karlstor" stop). Travel time: approx. 17 minutes. It is a 3-5 minute walk to the IWH from there.
III. By Car:
- Take autobahn A5 to exit 38 ("Heidelberg Mitte").
At the end of the autobahn, shift to the left lane and take local road B37 towards Eberbach/Mosbach along the Neckar river. At "Karlstor" (the second traffic light after the old bridge ("Alte Brücke")), turn right into "Hauptstraße" (narrow street). The IWH is on your left.
- Take autobahn A6 to the "Sinsheim" exit.
Turn onto local road B37 towards Neckargemünd and drive to Heidelberg along the Neckar River. At "Karlstor", turn left into "Hauptstraße". Follow the directions under III. 1 from there.
The nearest parking opportunities are "Parkhaus 13" (parking garage 13) at the "Karlsplatz/Rathaus" (17.50 € per day, 3-minute walk to IWH) and "Parkhaus 12" (parking garage 12) at the "Kornmarkt/Schloss" near station funicular (13.50 € per day). It is a 5-minute walk from there to the IWH.
P12 (Height 1,80m) - P13 (Height 1,90m)
Parking Heidelberg - Free spaces
Latest Revision: 2016-08-16